The all-important wedding dress, the one gown we have all dreamt of since were 6 years old and wore a pillow case as a veil! We know at Heavenly Wedding Belles how important your dress is and we also know how stressful the search can be. Its normal for such a big choice to be stressful after all you have never had to shop for such a garment, you have never tried one on plus it can be a huge cost, so it all adds a lot of pressure but we have collated some top tips to consider to help ease the stress slightly and remember try to find enjoyment in such shopping, you only do once!
- Your dress sets the tone for the whole wedding, whether it’s a grand ballroom affair or chilled beach event. So consider your location, your style and tone of event, you want you dress to highlight it all perfectly.
- Ok so you will have whole new language to decode, Tulle, A-line, Organza, Sheath etc etc do not panic over these choices you need to go with what you love and feel right.
- Research – look through magazines and tear images out, go online and screen shot anything you like, this way you can build an idea of what you love
- But be open because we can assure you as soon as you start really looking you will find new styles that suit you better or fall in love with something you never imagined!
- Brace yourself for bridal gown size, you will not appear as the same size you norally do so please please do not be put off. Bridal gowns come up smaller so sizing always needs to be increased
- Shop early, dress shopping can take longer than you think and sometimes dresses need making or altering, so do not leave it till last minute
- Know your wedding theme before shopping as you will want dress to perfectly match this
- Shop on a week day, weekends are crazy and you will find less attention on just you. So book some time off and enjoy!
- Take heels with you so you can how dress looks properly
- If you are plus size call a head, sadly bigger sizes are not stocked as much
But most of all enjoy the process and remember Heavenly Wedding Belles is here